The use of blends in ruminant systems can offer significant benefits to farmers looking to feed their livestock a nutritionally balanced, cost-effective diet, while reducing the overall costs of feeding their stock.
- Only one feed to store
- Only one product to mix in the diet
- Better consistency of feeding
- Reduced cost of putting feed in front of stock
- Time and labour saving
- Accurate inclusion of minerals etc, in the blend
We can formulate specific blends making use of a wide variety of top quality raw materials, sourced from around the world which are then accurately blended together in our fully UFAS approved facilities.
SC FEEDS BEEF BLENDS
- Beef Grower B2 – 15% protein
- Beef Finisher B1 – 12% protein
- Barley Finisher – 13% protein
- Barley Finisher – 16% protein
Depending on what production system is used and forage available, our sales specialists will help to select the right blend that balancers all growth requirements, leading to an efficient growth period. This also means that in conjunction with forage analysis, bespoke formulations can also be tailor made, unique to each customer.
Our blend plants located at Longtown in Cumbria, Brayton in Cumbria, Bilsborrow in Lancashire, Wardle in Cheshire and Wixland in Devon are strategically located nationwide to reduce haulage costs onto farm. Along with our considerable buying power this means the cost savings we achieve can be be passed onto our customers, ensuring our prices remain competitive.
Blends offer the flexibility of straights yet have the requirement of only one storage bin. SC Feeds bespoke formulations mean our sales specialists can provide a tailor made feed plan, unique to each customer.
SC Feeds Blends can be manipulated to carry a range of feed supplements including:
- High specification minerals
- Buffers, yeast and mycotoxin binders
- Protected proteins such as Ultra Pro R or Ultra Soy, or Optigen
- Bypass starch such as Ultra Starch W
- HF Booster Pack – (Vitamin A, D3 & E, Chelated Zinc & Selenium, and Biotin)
For further information and prices click or call 01785 817876.